Carpathian Mountains, Bieszczady, Lutowiska Commune /
There is one grammatical form in Polish, without which it is difficult to speak about the district of Lutowiska. It is the superlative degree of adjectives. But let us have one thing at a time:
- the district of Lutowiska is the most south-eastward part of Poland,
- it is one of the largest districts in the country – its surface is 476 square kilometers,
- it is the most scarcely populated district in the country – the average of 5 people living in 1 square kilometer,
- it is the most forested district – 94% of its area is covered by the splendid Carpathian forest,
- it is the most caring for the natural environment district – all possible forms of nature protection can be found here: the Bieszczady Mountains National Park, the San Valley Scenic Park, the East Carpathians International Biosphere Reserve, numerous sanctuaries and monuments of nature,
- it is the most hospitable district – all visitors are warmly welcomed, we ensure professional service and plenty attractions.
Mountains, forests, pastures in a winter scenery make tremendous impressions and it is difficult to resist thinking of this land as ‘Polish Alaska’ – a haven for trappers and marchers.
Commune Information Centre in Lutowiska
38-713 Lutowiska 14
phone. +48 13 461 03 13
Information and Education Centre of the Bieszczady National Park in Lutowiska
38-713 Lutowiska 2
phone. +48 13 461 01 66 or +48 13 461 03 51